Wein bridge circuit

kvsingh21

Joined Apr 15, 2008
Hello
I am designing a wein bridge circuit, which should have output pk to pk 10V. Its fairly simple to control frequency of the circuit, but what components values contol the output votage? And is there any formula for calculating it?
The schematic is shown here. LINK.
Thanks in advance for your help.

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Hello
I am designing a wein bridge circuit, which should have output pk to pk 10V. Its fairly simple to control frequency of the circuit, but what components values contol the output votage? And is there any formula for calculating it?
The schematic is shown here. LINK.
Thanks in advance for your help.
The ratio of R10 and R11 will be the primary determiner. The formula isn't going to be straightforward, because the forward feedback is somewhat variable. The back-to-back diodes form a rudimentary AGC loop to keep the output fairly linear.

Eric

kvsingh21

Joined Apr 15, 2008
The ratio of R10 and R11 will be the primary determiner. The formula isn't going to be straightforward, because the forward feedback is somewhat variable. The back-to-back diodes form a rudimentary AGC loop to keep the output fairly linear.

Eric
Thanks.
The output soine wave is not very good, any recommendation on how to improve it?
Also is there any easy way to convert this into sine wave oscillator?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Why would you want to? The whole point is it is a reactive tuned circuit, which implies a pure signal (ie, sine wave). You could bump the gain of the transistor way up, but my understanding is frequency stability suffers, while there are already designs for square wave oscillators that are more stable and require fewer parts.