WEB Money

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by R!f@@, Jul 7, 2012.

1. R!f@@

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    I needed a schematic for a Hitachi CRT TV model C2171MS available at http://diagrams.digitalelectronics.name/hitachi.htm.
    (the side is encrypted, lemme know if the link does not work)

Scroll down and u can find the text TV Hitachi C2171 or u can find the text using Ctrl+F

They ask for web money transfer, so I signed up.
    This thing is totally new to me. I dunno how to add funds or is it even possible from Maldives, but reading thru it seems a friend can add funds or buy some sorta card to add money.

I am asking out who can buy me a card of the sort and email me the codes or whtever. I can pay to the one who can send this card info after buying via paypal. All I need is 3 bucks it seems for the schematic.

So who can help me. Or it will be great if u can get me the schema. :D

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  2. evilclem

Dec 20, 2011
    Sounds and looks dodgy to me mate.

3. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    come again!

4. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    hmm that site looked kind of dodgy even to me

5. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    give it to me straight. will ya !

6. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Dodgy means of questionable legality, like a scam, or questionable moral or structural integrity.
    An example "Ehhh, I dunno, that piece is pretty dodgy. It's all rusty, hasn't been used in a few decades, it might fall apart."

7. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    Aah! Nigerians...!

8. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Most legit sites accept major credit cards or paypal. Not accepting any of those then the site is in English. Is kind of dodgy to me at least.

R!f@@ likes this.
  9. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    Ok ! Once in a while there comes one item tht will drive u nuts.

for eg: this TV. It was deemed unrepairable. So as u know if it is a CRT, it ain't my poilicy to say it cannot be done. If the CRT it self aint faulty I will fix it.

Now this thing has no picture except some RGB lines in the center. Which means it is possible a few reasons to course this symptom.
    1. No communication through I2C.
    2. Vertical over scan.
    3. RGB amp.
    4. Tube.
    5. No IF

No wonder no one can fix this without theoretical knowledge on CRT working principles.

Now the first is strike the unrepairable meaning the tube.
    A quick desoldering of the cathodes and quick probing told me tht CRT is OK.

Next is to determine the non-available parts. Now since u know where we are, it is sometimes too expensive to get μC. Since now we are working together, me and my teacher, we have 500% more spare than any other place in Male'. Not even the largest electronics store has what we have.

And every now and then there comes a TV with strange μC's, lik3 this one.
    So now I have to isolate that area meaning the I2C. First is to check eeprom voltage and it showed me the SCL and SDA is jumping. So changed the memory and bingo, the OSD came. Rules out the μC.

But no snow and too much vertical scan and retrace. but the buttons work.
    So now to vertical. A few caps around are gone bad, replaced and nothing. So now the drive, replaced still nothing.
    Now the Y/C jungle. Changed it and viola everything works.

Good picture and like new.

2 hrs straight, but satisfied. Put cover back and put on for testing. One day went by ,OK next day the bloody thing went back as before.

WTF? :eek:

Freakin TV, I thought. So I went back to square one. After just staring at the TV I kept thinking over and over again. Now there is no one better than me on CRT's, this fact I know, so I got no one to ask for help.

One thing I learned during the years is to start over again. So after a brief thought I re soldered the faulty eeprom, and the bloody thing came back alive. Like new. & I was like what the hell ? :confused:

I thought if tht is the case I will just put the semi's back. The vertical drive and the Y/C. Guess what the picture is still there.

OK now I am really confused. So I kept it on the bench, turned on and left for a break, a long one. When I came back after around 3 hrs. TV was off. Turned off, Boss said it suddenly switched off after screen going back to previous symptom. So he unplugged it.
    I plugged it back and it was OK.

Next day I thought to check it. Which is a cold boot. Turned and it was like before.
    Boss said, if it was him, he will change all the caps. So I thought why not, changed all the low value once around the jungle and vertical.
    Still nothing. One day went by poking around and still nothing.

This is frustrating without a schema.

This was like two days before.
    I got to take my time off to fix other TV's tht comes in daily

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  10. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
    Yea, if the site doesn't take paypal or major credit cards, I'd stay away

Since your issue is time related, assuming you replaced all the lytics, could it be a timer logic issue somewhere, things getting out of sync or something?

Sounds like quite a stumper :p

maxpower097 likes this.
  11. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
  12. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Me too. Credit cards have safeguards, why go around them?

13. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    Friday evening

So there I was, staring at this hunk of glass ans silicon. Getting made for no reason. Nothing to change and not knowing what to look for.

I thought, too much vertical, so why not just force the V height to it's level.
    Luckily the data for chroma was available. Didn't take me long to figure out how adjust it without I2C address. A quick swap of a VR to a R made my day.

Well what do ya know. The freakin picture came back too. What gives ? :confused::confused:
    Which lead me to think again. But I was like, what the hell.

OK ! so there it was all good and suddenly poooof went the VR up in flames :eek:.
    Son of a !%$^#%. Well, there is more where tht came from. But this time the chroma too failed. So A NEW chroma and a VR. All is stll good.

Wait...now it's been two days..come to think of it. lemme check it again.

BRB !!

Thank god, still works.

So, what do u think, did it gave up on me or did I win ?
    U decide. I am thru thinking.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  14. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
    it ran for 2 days nonstop?
    if so you won

sounds kinda like the old saying about replacing every board on a boat one at a time, every day, do you end up with a new boat in the end, or is it still the old one??

15. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    To me it's the same u know.

16. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009