Weather Check, Cold Day In South Florida

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Whats your weather like,can you get to work. What does employer's
expect in bad weather. How does it effect being small business
owner on bad weather days.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
8 Celsius over here which is about 46 F, dropping to about 4C (40F) at night, pretty warm for this time of the year. Not much sunshine about like you have in Florida.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I know scru yu! I gotta go work in this crap. Its like 55f out there. I must be out of my mind!
Max, consider yourself lucky. I would LOVE for the temperature to be 55 F! I would be outside in short sleeves!!!

Up here in Vermont it was about -5 F this morning. I think it's warmed up a bit, though. Not sure of the temperature now. It's pretty freaking cold, though :eek:

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
100mph winds over here yesterday.

My fence was blown completely over! Bits of tree everywhere - not very nice.

Fortunately we haven't had it as bad as others - there have been some really serious damage done. ;(

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Wow.

We went from around 10 °F from Christmas to New Years, and today it is 53 °F, supposed to be in the mid 50's through the weekend. And it was snowing on New Years Eve.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
-30 all this week, last night down to -40 with wind chill. Churchhill at -50 night before last. Chinook starting to blow in tomorrow with weekend hitting into the +'s. Can't wait, this is hard.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
It was really cold here in Boston a couple of days ago. Temperature was about 5 F, with a -20 F wind chill. I could literally feel my skin freezing on a short two-minute walk. That was the day I had to wait for the train, too, and the station wasn't sheltered. I have never been so happy to get on that train :D

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Yes, it's been cold here too. Athens reached 0oC the other day :p.
But in certain parts of northern Greece it got down to -20oC.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
One day warm and rainy, the next cold and sunny. Overall, it was a pretty warm fall, and not a bad winter ( so far )

PS: I live in Alabama, US. I need to finish filling in my info.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@Brownout,..Have you guys give up on fire ants,you still have all the government projects

to get rid of them. Maybe your life style don't come across them. Just asking,

Are you a real Alabama guy or a transplant working for one of the big companies.

You got all that space stuff also.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
@Brownout,..Have you guys give up on fire ants,you still have all the government projects
Fire ants haven't been much of a problem in northern Alabama. Maybe in the south part of the state...

Maybe your life style don't come across them
I'm an Engineer; I don't have a lifestyle :)

Are you a real Alabama guy or a transplant working for one of the big companies.
I'm a transplant.

You got all that space stuff also.
Indeed. We have Marshall Space Flight Center, Redstone Arsenal and Space Camp.