We bench problem

Plummer

Joined Nov 18, 2013
Thru my searching I found the we bench here. This would be awesome to plug in requirements and it spits out a schematic,.

However it's not working. I'm trying to build an AC toDC multi output power supply. 30vdc@2-3a and positive and negative 15vdc 2-3amp.

Thanks and thanks for all the info on the forum.

Electronics has sparked a new interest

Plummer

Joined Nov 18, 2013
Thanks, we bench is not loading. It's been overnite and still not changed. Sorry I wasn't more specific. Wasn't sure if it was a very large file or program. Anyways I can't even view your link with the tablet or phone.. I will be on the laptop(Mac) in a bit. Thanks.

Darn auto correcting spelling webench we bench we bench....

Plummer

Joined Nov 18, 2013
i have it working now, but its not what i thought or im using it wrong. Ithought I would select the ac/dc tranny then load values and it would spit out a schematic i could build or buy. Much appreciate the replies.
your link gave me a blank start page, was it supposed to have values?

it also looks like a one off supply. Makes for a fun project. What do you think of Lm317 for the 30vdc + a current reg, and LT1054 for the +-15. Are 78's and 79's a reliable idea.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I think you mean Webench.
You need to supply the AC to DC part then plug the values into the power architect.
This is what I got:
http://webench.ti.com/webench5/power/webench5.cgi?app=powerarchitect&lang_chosen=en_US
I was at national semiconductor when that atrocity (Webench) was invented and unleashed onto the world. They actually had an internal "contest" to come up with the best name...... and "Webench" was selected by the marketing moron.

I pointed out that it sounded like "We Bench" as in "we bench the circuit".... which is an odd name for a simulator which is what lazy morons run to so they can AVOID actually bench testing the circuit.

Anyway, if they had listened to me the name would have been:

WebLab or Websim

or anything other than Webench