way forward in mini project

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I propose dropping communication (too complex) and building some sort of simple robot, one that employs a sensor or two and moves about.

There are many, many kits available as well as endless Youtube demonstrations of this or that approach. So, no shortage of ideas or help if you get stuck. You will learn a lot from such a project and yet it should be something you could complete in a few months. You can always add more complexity if you want to.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
No offense, but are you sure that your cut out to be an engineer? Engineering should be about being inquisitive about how things work and developing things. Not asking others for ideas.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Hmm, he's refusing to accept helpful input from people with great number of years experience, and instead he spends time nitpicking and insisting on use of a particular word...

He's perfect to be an "Engineer". And not so perfect to be a guy who gets results. ;)

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Hmm, he's refusing to accept helpful input from people with great number of years experience, and instead he spends time nitpicking and insisting on use of a particular word...

He's perfect to be an "Engineer". And not so perfect to be a guy who gets results. ;)
Well he's from India, and he gives this information, so we can know it. There is some language barrier, even if english is used.

Insisting on things not often is really beneficiary in the end. Some years ago I wrote on public forums using small characters only. While I considered it as interesting, I did not really insist on it over a long time.

And it is beneficiary actually to use large letters at the beginning of a sentence, and for abbreviations.

I gave it up after a while.

Insisting on things could relate to be a person maintaining traditions. Or enforcing a particular custom. It could be revolutionary! The line between the big new thing, totally revolutionary, and mental health, is only a thin one, mind that.

If you look at old advertising from 20 years ago, sometimes you really have the urge to knock on your own head with your fingers. Is there something inside? Or you just laugh how ridiciously they are trying to push people's buttons.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
thanks for reply...
this is a project as part of my engineering degree course.i have done a few breadboard type circuits like light sensitive alarm,555 flasher and i am trying to learn soldering from internet.as for the timeline this shud be submitted at the end of my semester-6 months.
from the given choices i like the field of communication,sensors,robotics...
Maybe he means some kind of projects that can be completed within a few hours. You can find such kits on the internet, or in some shops.

Mind it, most advanced electronic circuits will cause a lot of effort, especially when you build them yourself without schematics, or just using bits and pieces from existing schematics.

Did he write how much he's considering to invest (in terms of money)? And how much space he has available? What kind of equipment?

Mini project could be something like to buy an Arduino, and try to make a circuit working that already has been built, using instructions from websites.

Real engineers would do that maybe for a starter, but then "engineer" their own stuff.

Hey and wait, what about "tank top" circuits? I have one such photo on my photobucket but ehm no electronics contained, at this time. Don't give up hope however.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
There are thousands of "communications, sensors or robotics" circuits on the internet.
Some of them might work. Pick one and make it.

Are you simply learning how to copy a "mini" simple circuit and solder it together? No engineering?

Tank tops? I like looking at them too. Especially with a mini skirt.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
thanks...by mini project i mean just a project but would like to be a project from mixed topics...
I suggest OP to improve on language skills, for instance just by taking a look the stuff I linked above.

"Mini" project, but, "just" a project.
And it should be "mixed".

This is not saying or expressing anything.

This can be a result of improper understanding of words.

I also suggest to look up individual words: http://dictionary.reference.com

If your english expression skill isn't so great, avoid to "mix in" additional words.

Maybe OP could reply if by using the term "mini project" he really means a project that can be contained within a few hours, and does not require a full workshop or laboratory setup.

arun the curious

Joined Aug 6, 2012
Hello people...its been a long time since i have checked this site.
I know im not that well versed in english as u guys...the native speakers.
Thank u for making me realize that 'mini' also means miniskirt...but third meaning in the dictionary site says something of reduced size...so that shud have made sense.
I meant a project of reduced effort.
Anyway guyz...im happy to inform u that i have completed my 'mini' project...- 'wind powered mobile charger' which to be honest isnt fully functional.
And btw im from india.