wavelet

magic82

Joined May 19, 2011
hey guys,

i have just started my degree project (motor fault detection). basically i collect data from a faulty motor then i process the signal using one of the signal processing techniques. in my case i'm trying to use DWT but the thing is i'm pretty confused of how to use this technique accurately.
i looked through a bunch of tutorials about the wavelet theory and they were quite of help to understand the theoretical part but every time i open matlab to try using the embedded functions i get confused specially when it comes to filters.
i'm a beginner in programming and i'm really willing to learn. i'm not asking for codes all i'm asking for is a good explanation or good sources.

regards

Hola!

This is far and away the best tutorial for people with moderate signal processing backround:

http://users.rowan.edu/~polikar/wavelets/wttutorial.html

It doesn't go into too much detail about implementation though.

Can you give a bit more detail about your background and on exactly what you are trying to do. Also, why do you think you need a DWT? To be honest... wavelets are not for the faint of heart! Lots of maths thats over my head.... and i've taken graduate DSP classes that cover the topic.

You could easily make a full class out of wavelets.

That being said, you may be able to pull it off without knowing all the details, so let us know what exactly what you're looking for!