Waveform Generation using EEPROM

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by csr1981, Jan 21, 2011.

1. csr1981

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Hello Everyone,

I want to use a EEPROM to generate a waveform.
    for e.g.
    If i put 010011 on EEPROM address line it should output 1 and when i put 010010 on the address line it should output 0.

For this to happen what should be loaded in the EEPROM hex file and how.

Request your help.

Thanks.

2. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    That would depend upon the particular EEPROM you're using, the device you're using to program the EEPROM with, and the software that interfaces with the programming device.

So, the first thing you need to provide is a link to the datasheet for the EEPROM that you wish to use. Then you'll need to supply the instructions for the programmer, and then the instructions for the software that interfaces with the programming device.

Otherwise, you probably won't get much help, as you have not provided enough information for us to help you.

3. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    That is simply a matter of programming the EEPROM with the correct data.

4. csr1981

Aug 25, 2010
    @SgtWookie

I am planning to Use 2716/2732. The datasheet is attached here.
    I am going to use Advantech Universal programmer to program the EEPROM.
    The EEPROM will be accessed using the counter.

To give more detail-

I have mod-60 counter which will be interfaced to the EEPROM. For count from 0 to 59 i should get a output as i require i.e. 1's and 0's.
    So i want your help on how to create the hex file data using a hex editor.

5. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    There were no attachments to your post. Perhaps you forgot?

The only 2716/2732 memories that I have acquaintance with are EPROMs; you have to expose them to IR light to reset them.
    Is it a model LabTool-48XP bought on E-bay? Those are counterfeit, and will not work with the LabTool-48UXP software.
    Link: http://www.aec.com.tw/fake.htm

I don't have one of these Advantech programmers, and I'm not going to install the software just to read the help files. Don't you have any documentation on it in .pdf format?

Without the documentation on your programmer, it'll be a bit tough to figure it out.

It's been quite a while since I programmed an Eprom, and I got the address lines swapped around - but since I was wire-wrapping the board, it wasn't much of a problem to rewire it. The programmer software that I used could read a text file and parse it into binary for the programming.

6. csr1981

Aug 25, 2010
    The LabTool software works with the hardware i have. Its not fake.
    What more information is required for the programmer can you please explain. I have attached few screen shots of the software below and also the details about the programmer i got from Advantech website.

7. jbeng

Sep 10, 2006
    If you could get your hands on a 2816 or 2832, those are EEPROM's.