Water pump controlled by sensor.

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by bmxerds, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmxerds

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Hello I need help finding a circuit where a 0-5v pressure sensor controlls a 12v water pump. As the pressure increases on the sensor the out put of the sensor rises from 0v to a maximum of 5v.I need the sensor to control the 12v water pump in a pwm fashion. Also I need to be able to adjust the pumps start up. Also I want this to be a circuit I can solder up. I don't want to program anything with digital ICs. Thanks

2. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    uhhhh... why would you just repost the same info and just cut out the automotive details? The mods aren't dumb.

I will however, suggest you look at 555 timers to generate a PWM signal...

3. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    Eerily similar to your other thread:rolleyes:...I'll wait to hear from the mods on this one...

4. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    ...and I directed you to look at 555s for PWM generation

...for experimental purposes...

5. bmxerds

Sep 4, 2012
    I know how to set up a 555 as a pwm but the thing is that you have to control it with a potentiometer. I need info on how to do it with a sensor not a pot.

6. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    You will have to document your case very well in order for us to let this pass.

If you prove that it's not for automotive reasons, nor HHO, then we 'll let this live.

7. bmxerds

Sep 4, 2012
    I'm just using an automotive part ( the 5v temp sensor) it's not for automotive or hho reasons!!!!! I didn't even post that its for automobiles or hho. Wow!!! Can other people just help me design a circuit for a project.

8. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    The problem is that your other thread stated, in the same manner of speaking, that what you want to do is an automotive modification.

Now, all of a sudden, you have another, non-related experiment using the same sensor and voltage levels, but now not used for an automotive modification? That seems fishy...

9. bmxerds

Sep 4, 2012
    This has turned into a non electric conversation. The reason I mentioned automobile is because I happen to have an automobile sensor and I wanted to design a circuit using it but for other reasons. Thanks

10. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    As I said. Either you explain the full context of the circuit, or this thread gets closed. These are the rules.

11. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I am closing this thread, the previous was the same problem, and it was clearly automotive.

A PM has been sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.