water level indicator

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Are you wanting a one point indication?...a two point indication (high and low)?...a continuous level display (empty to full)? And, what is "RS."?

Ken

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
can any one how to make a simple water level indicator.It should be low cost between RS.100 TO RS.250.
Stick a cheap yardstick into the vessel until it hits bottom. Read the level where the stick emerges from the water. Done. You can send me the balance if you have anything left from your budget. ;)

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
So you're asking for a water level indicator that costs less than about 5 USD. Get some cheap vinyl tubing and make a homemade sight glass.

If you want something electrical, you can take a look at how the water level is measured in RV water tanks (on-off resistance type detection).

taslim_i

Joined Oct 29, 2015
I am aware of the fact that it's an old thread, I have attached a circuit similar to the one posted earlier. In this circuit I used a hex inverter Schmitt trigger IC (74HC14) instead of 4093 to recreate the same functionality. And it's working fine but I am concerned about the noise and the vulnerability of the probes to touch, when i earthed the ground the vulnerability is solved.. my query is for how to overcome the issue without earthing the ground, maybe the noise from the oscillator is causing this. Is there any possible water to eliminate the noise.

Attachments

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
There is a way to greatly reduce the noise but it would require a synchronous demodulator (clocked by your oscillator) which would include an analog multiplexer (1/3 CD4053) two opamps per channel. That's a lot of parts to add to your elegant circuit.

What is the objection to grounding the circuit?