Was the Moon landing FAKE

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by theamber, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theamber

Thread Starter Active Member

Jun 13, 2008
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_moon_landing_hoax_accusations

I always wondered how a small cone shape spaceship managed to return to earth with little fuel. I mean the vast distance and to enter the earth atmosphere. That was not a tiny ship with a camera. Also, the reputation of the American government since it existence for continuously making false statements and making up stories. The space race with the Soviet Union and all I am more inclined into believing that probably never happened. Have you seen any stories proving or disproving such events?

2. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    I saw some websites which try to prove that it was a fake. I asked someone and he told me that the photos taken on the moon were not good and they tried to represent the moon environment on the earth to take better photos. Who knows!!

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Mythbusters did a pretty good series on it. They managed to show how many of the artifacts pointed to in photographs as proof of them being fake were actually the opposite, in that they were real. Reality has a way of proving out, I supose if you had a big enough telescope you could go look for yourself (Hubble anyone?).

4. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Can you share what the purpose of such a faking would have been?

If you watch archival footage of the astronauts on the moon, you will see things only possible in vacuum under a fraction of earth's gravity (1/6). Not even G. Lucas can get those effects correctly simulated today, much less in 1969.

5. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    At least you admit to a profound ignorance of physics.

I find your constant, baseless, and neurotic bashing of the American people objectionable and inappropriate for this forum. Such comments about other nations and nationalities have not been tolerated here.

Why should Americans be the only group that has to tolerate such banal acts?

This thread should be edited for objectionable content, and the OP sanctioned for his continued acts in that regard.

John

6. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Why worry about it. His opinions and attitudes are a sign that he will forever be consigned to the limted universe that he has chosen to inhabit.

7. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    theamber: One thing to ponder whilst pointing out failings in governments: Mexico has abundant natural resources and quite a lot of arable land. It could easily afford an infrastructure comparable to just about any European standard, if not to that in the U.S. Things like national electrical distribution, good roads, regulation of foodstuffs and drugs, medical care, etc.

But the government seems to be a kleptocracy, and the populace is generally so poor and miserable that slipping across the border into the U.S. is a good alternative, as working for low wages here enables sending money home so the family has food and housing not possible otherwise.

The corruption of the Mexican government is legendary. The populace is denied many things most Americans and Europeans take for granted. Yet you live in Mexico and point fingers? Are you involved in doing something to benefit Mexicans, or simply taking advantage of the depressed economy to live well on what foreign currency will buy?

8. Ratch

Mar 20, 2007
    theamber,

Who is asking this question, you or your avatar? There is no friction in space, so they could go an interstellar distance given enough time. It does not take any fuel to penetrate the Earth's atmosphere. The size of the ship is irrelevant.

Can you name any government on this planet that does not fabricate, exaggerate, or dissemble? Can you even name any government that does so less than the U.S.? The Moon Shot was the most open large scale operation in the history of mankind. So you think that it was all done in a studio located in Area 51? You don't need any physical evidence to prove that the trip happened. A little thought will assure you beyond any reasonable doubt that it did. How? Forget about all the supposed inconsistancies and counter explanations. Consider instead how massive the operation was, and how closely it was observed by all the technologically advanced nations. Think of how many people would have had to be sworn to secrecy. Think of how difficult it was to keep the building of the A-bomb secret during Wild War II, and how it failed from the start. No credible person has ever come forward or made a death bed confession after all these years. Doesn't that tell you something? A secret that big could never be kept all this time. That fact is the best proof there is that no "fix" was in, and the event really and truly happened.

Ratch

9. Ratch

Mar 20, 2007
    beenthere,

I would add that Mexico is close to being a failed state due to the endemic corruption in just about every facet of government. It looks like the narcos are making big inroads into the government. Besides lots of natural resources, it has miles of touristy coastline. And after all these years, it is still a third world country economically. There are a lot of feet that agree with the above assessment. By the way, I am going to vacation in Mexico next month.

Ratch

10. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    So far we've got one member and two nations bashed in this thread. That's three bashings too many.

11. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Independence Day is now showing on local Fox Network stations. Watch it and see how American aces saved the world, again.

John

12. theamber

Jun 13, 2008
    to name a few, beating Russia, space race, money,power,recognition,and so on.
    FPS(frames per secods)

13. theamber

Jun 13, 2008
    Yes you are right but I think yours is more severe.

Even you know that your goverment bases its policies on lies, come be a man and admit it.

14. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    Please demonstrate. Please produce, or link to an existing production of, a similar "fake" presentation. Most college students have access to better equipment than NASA had in the late '60s. Why are there no "repeats" to prove this silly theory?

15. theamber

Jun 13, 2008
    A moderator changing the subject...
    You want to talk about the corruption of the Mexican government, then we need to write a book about it. Mexican government lives out of drugs trafiking. Mexican jails are out of the medieval times, human rights do not exist and so on.
    Now going back to the moon landing do you have any thing to add?

16. theamber

Jun 13, 2008
    My avatar said that you are WRONG in everthing, there is friction in space, while there is no air friction there are other types of friction even an orbiting satelite experience same friction, perpetual motion does not exist. Mechanical devices like motors or pumps still experience their usual internal friction.
    It does not take any fuel to penetrate the earth atmosphere, explain why?
    Hint, it even take fuel to make the ship warm enough to support life inside.
    The size is irelevant... sorry but you are wrong again.

Yes I can Japan.

You don't convince me, so here one person that believes the Moon landing was real.
    The thing is that is possible to fake ANYTHING and mostly on television.
    The other thing is that I don't believe people that constantly lie.

17. theamber

Jun 13, 2008
    I will add that at least Mexico does not create problems for the rest of the World does not make wars nor torture others but their own people and does not go to other countries to force them into their customs.

Note that I am not saying that Mexico is better to its own people than the US.
    Besides this thread is not about Mexico or the US is about the Moon landing I will appreciate if you all stick to the subject, thanks.

18. theamber

Jun 13, 2008
    You are right but noone wants to pick a fight here.
    Now What do you think about the Moon landing?

19. HarveyH42

Jul 22, 2007
    The thrusters on the capsule were for steering and braking. Not much needed to break free of the moon's gravity. Meteorites enter the atmosphere all the time, which carry no fuel at all...

I do find it strange that nobody has thought to build a space station on the moon. There is some gravity, an abundance of building material. We landed a crew there 40 years ago, should be much simpler an cheaper to do now.

Sure my government does a few underhand things occasionally, but what government doesn't? Don't see my government putting all of money and time into faking the moon landing. The success wasn't really the reward, it was creating the technology to make it happen.

Also kind of surprised that my government hasn't gone down there and kicked some Mexican butt, since its the major entrance point of drugs, and other smuggled crap from around the world. A good portion of the border jumpers are also carrying junk across the border, some are criminals. We've gone into other countries to clean them up, why not Mexico? We still owe them one for the Alamo!

20. leftyretro

Nov 25, 2008
    I'm amazed how a group of people with such a common interest in a scientific subject like electronics can have so many other strange beliefs and opinions. Good thing bandwidth and storage is so affordable these days and we only have to suffer a slight degradation in signal to noise ratio.

Lefty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.