Want to play golf?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Yes, I bought the radiator already. That's what I meant when I said, "All done. No leaks." and, "All that's left is to put the tools away, fill it with water, and see if it leaks."

The whole job, including antifreeze, was less than $100.

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
According to this, there have been some previous tremors .

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v145/n3667/abs/145219e0.html

News
Nature 145, 219-219 (10 February 1940) | doi:10.1038/145219e0

Earth Tremors in Scotland

SLIGHT earth tremors are reported to have occurred on February 3 at Stirling in Scotland. No damage has been done. The tremors may have been occasioned by slipping along a local fault. Similar tremors were reported from Roslin, near Edinburgh, on February 10, 1934, though the most active region seismically in Scotland is near Comrie in Perthshire, where the slight tremors are considered to be due to slipping along the Highland Boundary Fault system.

Thats really interesting! The way its being presented up here is that its down to fracking. The Scottish government seems against it especially in the Clyde river, we came from Devon so tremors were new to us and I found it pretty scary to be honest.
So dosnt seem as clear cut as its being put over, what I dont get though is the oil companies up here dont see to be really trying to deny its their fault. Or maybe the news isnt putting their side across.
I wouldnt want to live somewhere that has them alot thats for sure!

Joined Nov 30, 2010
OMG! You have to learn not to believe everything you hear, or read in a newspaper, or see on TV or the internet. I thought this was all a joke until you indicated that you believed some of it! :eek:

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
OMG! You have to learn not to believe everything you hear, or read in a newspaper, or see on TV or the internet. I thought this was all a joke until you indicated that you believed some of it! :eek:
That is why he is still "Little Ghostman."

A couple of years at the School of Hard Knocks and he'll graduate to "Big Ghostman".

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Sticking my neck out a bit, but here goes...Most of what is in, "the media" is not news, and a fair percentage isn't even true. The next time you see some alleged news on the TV, think: "If Superbowl advertising costs a million dollars per minute, why is THIS bit of information worth using up a minute of TV time?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Sticking my neck out a bit, but here goes...Most of what is in, "the media" is not news, and a fair percentage isn't even true. The next time you see some alleged news on the TV, think: "If Superbowl advertising costs a million dollars per minute, why is THIS bit of information worth using up a minute of TV time?
I agree, I just want to adjust your prices to the current century...
This year, just over $4M per 30 seconds.

image.jpg