Want to play golf?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I am definitely in the wrong industry. 4 or 5 truckloads of dirt and some grass seed for $25k?

The club is now having to find money to help it pay the estimated £16,000 cost of the repairs needed.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I am definitely in the wrong industry. 4 or 5 truckloads of dirt and some grass seed for $25k?

You have to get the dirt there without damaging the rest of the course. Then you have to make sure the damage is not going to reoccur after you fill, as well as the surrounding area . A good chunk of the $25K could be engineering.

Isnt that the third of fourth in the last few days? I agree with the pond idea call it a water hazard :D.
Living in Scotland there is alot of talk over Gas fracking, last year we had a tremor then around 8 weeks ago we find out it was around the time they did the fracking! The main concern around here is sink holes opening up around old mines. I didnt know there were many mines up here in Scotland! When we lived in Devon the old mines in Cornwall were great! Really interesting

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Whats wrong with your car ??
It has a hole in the radiator. :(

Besides that, it rains on the inside, I only have 3 gears left in the transmission, it needs something fixed to make it stop eating front tires, the muffler is dragging, the idiot lights in the dashboard have been blinking codes for 3 years, that's probably why it's down to 11 MPG and the engine surges at 35 MPH. It probably needs a fuel pump and an oxygen sensor...but it has new windshield wiper blades. :p

I'm doing the radiator for less than $100 just to stall for a few months until I find what I want to buy to replace the whole van.

Update 4 hours after I started: All that's left is to put the tools away, fill it with water, and see if it leaks. :)

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
, it needs something fixed to make it stop eating front tires
There are two possibilities for the front tires wearing off so quickly:
  • They're not properly aligned (most likely explanation)
  • Something's seriously wrong with the transmission's differential gearing (least likely)
Assuming that the tires are inflated at the proper pressure, of course.
It seems to me that your car is an insatiable money-eater...

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
There are two possibilities for the front tires wearing off so quickly:
  • They're not properly aligned (most likely explanation)
  • Something's seriously wrong with the transmission's differential gearing (least likely)
Assuming that the tires are inflated at the proper pressure, of course.
It seems to me that your car is an insatiable money-eater...
How can the transmission be the least likely option when the poor thing has only 3 working gears? Wait, Mercedes makes a big deal out of their "4-Matic" automatic transmission so all lesser vehicles must have fewer gears. @#12 , 3 must be the right number of gears. You're fine.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
How can the transmission be the least likely option when the poor thing has only 3 working gears? Wait, Mercedes makes a big deal out of their "4-Matic" automatic transmission so all lesser vehicles must have fewer gears. @#12 , 3 must be the right number of gears. You're fine.
3 working gears... but with how many teeth?... judging from the description given by #12, maybe this is a job for a dentist, and not a mechanic...

Joined Nov 30, 2010
All done. No leaks. I'll give it two more days with clear water, then dump 6 liters and replace that much with Anti-freeze. And yes, it's a POS. That's why I'm replacing it. I only did the radiator so I won't feel rushed into buying something that isn't quite right. Never buy a car when you're feeling cornered!

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
All done. No leaks. I'll give it two more days with clear water, then dump 6 liters and replace that much with Anti-freeze. And yes, it's a POS. That's why I'm replacing it. I only did the radiator so I won't feel rushed into buying something that isn't quite right. Never buy a car when you're feeling cornered!
The van running like crap is most likely a well needed tune up with fuel filter replacement.. Did you buy the radiator already ???Cause I was going to siggest you check out advance auto parts online codes.. I think code TRT41 still gives you $40 off when you spend $100...I love using the codes and it saves me tons of money and I know about commercial accounts cause I have one too.. To bad you aren't closer cause I would glady trade electronics knowledge for me working on the van aslong as you supply the parts.