Want to buy this

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by R!f@@, Apr 4, 2010.

1. R!f@@

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Can any one help me or direct me to a place where I can buy couple of these chips.

2. kkazem

Jul 23, 2009
    Hi,
    You can get them from Newark Electronics, and perhaps from DigiKey and Fairchild Semiconductor itself, but the trick is that the exact part number you want, FSDL0165RN, is illegal to sell in the US due to a patent infringement, so Fairchild took out the infringing stuff, which seems to be minor, and the new version is called: FSQ0165R, and is available in thru-hole and smt. If you look at the new datasheet on the Fairchild site you'll see the notice of patent infringement from the US court and see the details of what they had to modify in the IC. But the new IC seems to be essentially the same except for a couple of minor things like frequency jitter and soft-start, which 'm sure they must have redesigned to avoid the patent infringement. Here is a link to the details of the changes and a copy of the court order and the new datasheet. http://www.fairchildsemi.com/company/litigation/CustomerLetter.pdf#page=7
    Good luck,
    Kamran Kazem

R!f@@ likes this.
  3. kkazem

Jul 23, 2009
    Hi,
    By the way, at Newark, they are only 60 cents in single-piece quantity if I read it correctly.
    Regards,
    Kamran Kazem

R!f@@ likes this.
  4. R!f@@

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Thanks Mate.