want help in my work.

smslca

Joined May 11, 2009
Sorry if I am posting in the wrong section. I do not get where to post this query in the forum.
So I am posting it here.

I am working on factorization of prime product from 5 months. As I have no partner and being an average student It has been 5 months to get a formula and verifying it.

I have a formula to factorize large numbers like 244,691,047,451 into two factors in a single step. I cant really promise as this work is not already there. But as internet as a limit , I have searched it I found no traces of my work. Also I wont say It is the best work for factorization at present. Because my work is not checked by anyone and I got not mathematics lecturer neat to me and who can understand me. And the work now is in an uncomplete state to give it to websites like arxiv.

How large the number may be the numbers following the pattern of above number is only factorized in single step. Others need two, three and so on to factorize . What I mean is some times large numbers like above(244,691,047,451) require single step to factorize and small numbers like (581) require 3 steps to factorize.

But by doing further work on it can simplify other numbers into single step. May be As being a student, having my subjects to study or may be due to weary in the persistent work, I think Now need help of some one talented like teachers or professors or researchers or
students, I meant anyone.

So I am free now, For masters electronics and communication student I have applied to colleges in USA, So If I am qualified in visa interview , I should go to USA in the month of August. I said it because I want help before August.

As I believe there will be people from India browsing this forum. So I request anyone from INDIA, Andhra Pradesh, could help me.

My name is manikanta, I am from INDIA, Andhra Pradesh, West Godavari District , Eluru.
contacts: Landline : <snip>
U can surely catch me up on landline, But Iam not sure about mobile.

Moderator's note: These are public forums. We insist that assistance be given on the forums so all interested parties may benefit.

Last edited by a moderator:

smslca

Joined May 11, 2009
yes I understand that. I have written it because there is lot to explain if i have started to explain. So I need a person to discuss personally, who will be in a touch with me.
Thankful if any assistance is given by members abiding the rules of this forum and the moderator.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Why not write a program using your formula?

You could easily have the program count up, then factor using your formula, count the number of steps required, then output the results.

I can understand your need for peer-review, and If you have found a new formula, that is absolutely great.

You should publish it for peer-review. Get your name associated with it.

As soon as you publish, you will find out REAL QUICK, if anyone else has though of it ;)

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
Like retched, I encourage you to find a peer to talk your results over with.

Also realize this is a huge field containing the life's work of many mathematicians. The literature is huge.

You may want to check your work against existing programs as a benchmark. I used to need to factor reasonably large integers (in the millions and billions) about 20 years ago for working with disk drive firmware on UNIX systems. The speed of computers and the algorithms have gotten enormously better. For example, my old computer factored your number in 19 ms:

--> factor 244691047451
244691047451: 59 71 167 257 1361

I don't have the program's pedigree handy, but I'll bet (from inspecting the executable with 'strings -a') it's from a GNU gmp implementation. It's pretty fast: here's what it did with your number concatenated to itself:

Rich (BB code):
--> time factor 244691047451244691047451
59 71 73 137 167 257 1361 99990001

real    0m1.828s
user    0m0.015s
sys     0m0.016s
(I wondered about the commonality of factors for a few seconds until I realized that the factors of n also divide evenly into n*10^m + n where m is such as to cause what I did.)

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
Peer review means you get another person with interests like your own to review your work, discuss it with you, and suggest things you haven't thought about.

It sounds like you need to find people with interests like you. If you're a student, then you should be able to find others in your school with similar interests. If that doesn't work, then you'll need to use your ingenuity. Find a local bulletin board, go to a trade or hobby show and meet people, go to the local library, knock on the doors of businesses that do technical work and ask if they have anyone you could talk to. You might have to get used to strange looks or people who don't understand what you're trying to do, but nobody's going to beat a path to your door, even if you're another young Ramanujan, at least until they know who you are.