Want a list- regular components

Merlysys

Joined Nov 17, 2013
I am about to order commonly used capacitors but I don't know what to order. There were several posts about which value/type of capacitors to keep around, I can't find those posts.

If you know of them please post the link. If you know what values/types to keep around for general electronics work pls list them.
( I am not into high voltage or RF type work)

Same for transistors and ICs, I already ordered resistors.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I am about to order commonly used capacitors ...
Commonly used for what?

If you're setting up a lab bench for hobbyist work, buy a bunch of 0.1µF (microfarad) for general purpose bypass and such. They're very versatile and you'll use a lot of them.

You'll want a number of electrolytic capacitors of, say, 1,10 & 100µF - the more the better - but it's hard to recommend a specific set without knowing what you might plan to do with them. Most of my electrolytics were pulled out of discarded circuit boards.

Most hobbyists end up playing with the 555 timer IC, maybe an LM358 op amp, a LM339 comparator, and lots of LEDs of course.

antonv

Joined Nov 27, 2012
Some LM7805 regulators and maybe LM7812 as well depending on what you want to do. Also some diodes, 1N4148 for smaller signals and 1N4007 or related ones for a few hundred mA. Some 2N4401 (NPN) and 2N4403 (PNP) small transistors.

Don't forget the boring but necessary stuff like connectors.