Wall power supply alteration

Maxthedog

Joined Jul 12, 2014
Hi ,
I think this is a pretty straight forward question but want to double check before I do it :) I have a wall power supply (3 pin uk ) I use it for a guitar pedal on my pedal board...It rates 240v to 12v 200ma with 2.1 power jack input which is centre negative...

As I don't have a 3 pin plug socket on my pedal board I was wanting to open the wall power supply transformer up disconnect the cables to the 3 pins that would go into the wall and then attach these cables to a suitable mains cable to go into a IEC socket on my pedal board, I then have a cable with a fused plug that goes into the IEC socket.

I would keep the main case of the power supply and mount it under my wooden pedalboard, the Power supply is not sealed but screwed together :)

Thanks in advance for assistance and your knowledge :)

Jay

Maxthedog

Joined Jul 12, 2014
Hi ,
thanks for your speedy reply... no i don't have room for that and a adaptor inserted under my board

this is what i have i was wanting to disconnect the cables from inside this unit, remove the pins completely thread a suitable cable inside this unit which would connect to the cables that originally attached to the pins inside the unit then the other end of the cable wire direct to a IEC so it would look similar to this but keeping the wall power supply body, instead of having the two pin wall connector on the end it would go direct to the IEC.i can't seem to find one in the spec I need already ;like this Thanks again
upload_2016-12-3_9-37-57.jpeg

Maxthedog

Joined Jul 12, 2014
hi i think i may of confused matters :) the end where the usa end is on the photo is justr for refrence of power supply, this end will be going direct into the iec which i already have ...i'm just trying to convert a wall power supply into a non wall power supply :) thanks