Wall Charger For Samsung Galaxy

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by green90, Sep 8, 2015.

1. green90

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 3, 2015
    how is the circuit diagram of Wall Charger For Samsung Galaxy???

2. kubeek

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
    I you could try reverse engineering it and finding for your self. Howeve this can be quite dangerous and I suggest you go buy a new one instead. If you have no idea what you are doing you will just spent lots of time and effort wihtout getting anywhere.

3. ian field

Distinguished Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Everyone's got to start somewhere - but they're harder to hand trace now with SMD components.

Locating a datasheet for the chopper chip will help - there's usually at least some similarity with the manufacturers application example.

green90 likes this.
  4. green90

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Thanks ian fieldWell for
    encourage .but what is the Coil role here?????

5. ian field

Distinguished Member

Oct 27, 2012
    The only "coil" I can see in the picture is the chopper transformer.

The chip and/or power transistor switches the rectified and smoothed mains across the primary winding, this builds up lines of magnetic flux in the ferrite core. These small PSUs are usually flyback type converters, so when the power switch cuts off, the magnetic field collapses and induces a larger voltage per turn in the secondary - obviously the secondary will have a lot fewer turns if you only want 5V out.

When I learned this stuff, you could pretty much draw a sketch of the copper track layout and then draw in the component outlines. With SMD parts, tracks are usually hidden under components, so you have to trace it out by a variety of methods.

Drawing a sketch is always a good idea, as you may have to remove some of the parts to see where the tracks go. That's best avoided if you can - a low Ohms meter can find the ends of obscured tracks.

6. Dr.killjoy

Apr 28, 2013
    Are you trying to fix it or trying to understand how it works ??

Learning how it works

7. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    I believe it is like most Samsung Tablet chargers, just a 5v SMPS with a USB to tablet cable & connector, this allows charging off of a PC USB port also.
    Max.