Volts to SDI-12

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Maybe. Tell us what SDI-12 refers to. I think you're talking about an Analog to Digital Converter with an interface to a microcontroller. If that is true, then we need more details, like what kind of voltage range, and how many bits, and what kind of frequency components are we talking about.

ChinaBuck

Joined Mar 11, 2013
SDI-12 is Serial Data Interface at 1200 baud. The sensor outputs 0-5 VDC, have a 5VDC power source.
Does this help? Frequencies less than 1Hz

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
So you need an A/D Converter that has a 0 to 5 Volt range. Any microcontroller can do serial data transfer at 1200 bit/second. If the highest frequency component in the input is 1 Hz. then the minimum sampling rate wout be twice per second or every 500 milliseconds.

I'm pretty sure there are no standalone A/D converters that will handle the serial interface directly.

ChinaBuck

Joined Mar 11, 2013
Thanks for coming back.
I found the MCP3202-CI/P that claims 12 bit dual channel serial output.
I will look at this one.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Thanks for coming back.
I found the MCP3202-CI/P that claims 12 bit dual channel serial output.
I will look at this one.
That chip is an A/D converter, but it has an "SPI" interface. That is a bit of a different animal than you asked for in your original post (SDI-12). If SPI is what you want then fine, but if your original posts lack the necessary precision you should not be surprised at the hit or miss quality of the responses.