voltage source

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by sharanbr, Jun 19, 2015.

1. sharanbr

Thread Starter Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Hello all,

Please excuse if I am asking a basic question.

Let us assume an resistor connected to an voltage source. I can see from the electrons flowing from negative terminal of voltage source.
    I am not clear what goes into the positive terminal of the voltage source.

A simple picture for reference --http://wikisend.com/download/369502/Untitled.png

2. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    Not gonna download anything from a third party site. Not gonna do it!

If you have a picture to share, upload it here and insert it into your post. Look at the buttons on the bottom of the place where you type your post.

3. sharanbr

Apr 13, 2009
    I have added a picture. Did not notice that this option exists ...

4. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    The current (which flows in the opposite direction of the electron drift) is the same in the top wire as in the bottom wire. That should answer your question. The current is the same everywhere in that circuit.

dir.gif

5. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    Electrons can't be created or destroyed (at least not easily) so those that that leave one terminal of the battery must be matched by the same number going into the other terminal.

6. sharanbr

Apr 13, 2009
    So, electrons exit the negative terminal of voltage source and then enter the positive terminal?
    The only difference is what terminal can supply current and what terminal can sink.

Did I understand this correct?

7. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    Yes. The battery chemicals generate an EMF (the battery voltage) which pushes the electrons out the negative terminal and attracts them to the positive terminal.
    The net battery charge does not change during this process.