Voltage readings from Dell T1500

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by kingslayer, Oct 7, 2010.

1. kingslayer

Thread Starter Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Dear all,

my research group just bought an Intel i7 quad-core processor in a Dell Precision T1500 Desktop Workstation. We use it as a test-bench for our low-power and temperature-aware design, and we are interested in getting voltage readings.

Using the sysfs interface under Linux, we got 9 different voltage values (thery are exported to the user-space through appropriate text files), but I do not know what these values refer to :confused: The on-board Super I/O chip that is used to monitor voltage and temperature is a F71882FG. Does anyone of you know how to interpret those results?

Thanks in advance
  2. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Post one of the data dumps here and let us see it.
  3. kingslayer

Thread Starter Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Well, I actually found the answer to my question. By looking at the configuration file for lm-sensors in

it is possible to get the right interpretation of such values. Even though such configuration file refers to a different motherboard, with different pin-to-pin connections, it is still a good direction to follow.

However, thanks for your attention