Voltage Multiplier in Disposable Camera

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
but please don't answer , I don't need it now. since i have high voltage and a wire .
And we have given you the answer already.
It is not the voltage.
It is the current that matters.
I heard that, but does that mean that the voltage doesn't effect it in any way?

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
ok, I see now that i was looking the whole different picture of electricity behavior. sorry about that, I always thought that higher voltage with less current can create a strong short magnetic pulse . that higher voltage released trough the coil can create a short lasting movement of More current in a coil itself that will . (depending on type of a coil and the thickness of the wire ) produce that magnetic short lasting stronger force. the same way more current does . i was thinking about it wrong the whole way . mixed all up .

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
thanks.

is there a battery on high voltage that can survive charging under higher voltage. for example 300 v output , and can be xharged under 350 0r 400 -500 v -1000 v-2000 v etc, thank you.

without decreasing the voltage . is there a battery that can absorb high voltage charging ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
is there a battery on high voltage that can survive charging under higher voltage. for example 300 v output , and can be xharged under 350 0r 400 -500 v -1000 v-2000 v etc, thank you.
I'm not certain I understand your question... High 'voltage' storage batteries are feasible, however their reliability is poor owing to corollaries of (accentuated) 'gradient distribution' across unmatched cells... Note, also, that, as is the nature of electrochemical devices, even perfectly matched cells won't 'stay that way' for long...

As a side note: Certain 'vintage' receivers employed C-Zn 'B batteries' supplying > 200v
-- hence the origin of the 'term' "B+" :)

Best regards
HP

Last edited:

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
I don'y know if I understood you all, but i see what you mean . how can I find those batteries ?
Such a battery could be assembled via 'stringing' multiple identical cells/batteries in series -- For reasons brooked in my previous post, however, I do not advocate this (inasmuch as you would almost certainly damage one or more cells via over-current owed to 'uneven' charging and/or 'load sharing')...

Best regards
HP:)

Last edited:

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
There should be no issue connecting batteries in series for higher voltage. I used a string of 17 12V lead acid batteries to get 204V on a project. However, I did charge the cells in parallel to equalize the charge before connecting. After that, they were charged in place.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
There should be no issue connecting batteries in series for higher voltage. I used a string of 17 12V lead acid batteries to get 204V on a project. However, I did charge the cells in parallel to equalize the charge before connecting. After that, they were charged in place.
If it works - it works! Though I'm surprised!:) --- I've seen such an arrangement (in my case a nominal 120v DC switch-gear ctrl backup) comprised of a qty of 10 12v 'motorcycle' LAs -- howbeit with a (perfunctory) semi-annual 'change-out' schedule... Have you experienced long-term reliability with your installation?

Best regards
HP:)

Last edited: