voltage level prob.

yassser

Joined Jul 25, 2011
hello,

I have a problem in this schematic

nodes 3 and 4 are used to power the control circuit , while nodes 1 and 2 are supposed to energize a magnetic brake that takes 24v dc current , the problem is that this brake doesn't have two leads to connect the nodes 1 and 2 across and energize the brake , the negative terminal is the machine body itself , and only the positive terminal has a lead that I can connect to , so I connect node 1 to the +ve terminal and connect node 2 to the machine body , once I did that the voltage difference between 1 and 2 jumped to 110 v and the voltage difference between 3 and 4 jumped to 100 v and burned the control circuit . is there an explanation?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Over voltage, the voltage is too high for the circuit.

The circuit is a load for the voltage source, a load always has its rating Vmax and Imax, if the voltage over them then could be damage the load.

yassser

Joined Jul 25, 2011
okay , but before I connected node 2 to the machine body , the voltage between node3 and 4 was 12v only , after I connected node 2 to the machine body , the voltage between node 1 and 2 jumped to 110 , and the voltage between nodes 3 and 4 jumped to 100v , I'm asking why would that happen?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
1. What's the number of the Magnetic Brake? (any picture?)
2. The Magnetic Brake and control circuit need DC right?
3. Why the rectifier circuit didn't see the capacitors, the output are the DC or pulsating DC?
4. The 110V and 100V are all stable DC or they just temporarily AC as pulse?

I linked some sites about Magnetic Brake as below.

Magnetic Brake Systems

Electro Magnetic (Fail Safe) Stop Brakes --
This one maybe not like yours but it will help to know more about inside circuit of the Magnetic (Fail Safe) Stop Brakes.

Magnetic Brake Product Guide - it has a internal structure of Magnetic Brake.

I have a bad thought but I'm not sure is it right or not, it is something about energe gernerator.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Is the load connected to the gnd connection? It should not be. You cannot ground both the input and output of a bridge rectifier.