Voltage drops

Godbomber

Joined Mar 23, 2013
Hey guys,
Im having a little trouble identifying where and how to get the voltage drops in this particular series parallel circuit. Im familiar with Ohms/Watts/Kirchoffs Laws, but atm none of the theorems yet. Most of the questions are more linear, and I dont know why im struggling with this one so much. Thank you for those who respond, if you look at the schematic you will see how far I got. (This was originally sent to a friend for help, and ignore the Rt/Rx x I stuff I mentioned because I know now that doesnt apply.) :confused:

http://i.imgur.com/Ar7w0WT.jpg

*DC Current*

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
You can post your image to this site. It is more secure for users instead of going to an unknown site. Some members may not look at your image for that reason.

And you should post as a png file.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Start with the bottom circuit where it is fully simplified and that will give you the total current flowing out of the battery.

Go up each circuit and where there are two resistors in parallel, divid the current based on resistance. You can expand all the way up and find every current and that gives the voltage drops across series resistors.

Godbomber

Joined Mar 23, 2013
Hey bountyhunter,
Thanks for the quick reply. Can you give me a quick example of what your talking about using the first set of numbers? I dont need the schematic figured out but im trying to understand what your saying.

And spinnaker imgur.com is one of the top 100 used sites in america.

Last edited: