Voltage booster from 3V battery to 240~280v pulse.

Haisong Lin

Joined Sep 25, 2015
Hi, guys.
I want to build a voltage booster which can boost a 3V voltage to 240~280V. The circuit is shown on the attached file. But I have no idea about what kind of electronics component should I use? (like what kind of transformer should i use, what kind of transistor should i use?) This is part of my senior design project. I really have no idea about where should I start to build this circuit.
The related paper link is here: http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2006/LC/B510332K#!divAbstract. I really appreciate it if anyone can give me some advises.

Attachments

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If you got to be a senior with no idea where to start and what to do, I would ask for my tuition money back. This forum is not about work done for you, it is about you showing us your best efforts and we help you out. If you give us a picture from the internet, you'll get precious little in return.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
This is part of my senior design project. I really have no idea about where should I start to build this circuit.
Since this is Homework Help, I suggest you start by telling us what topics you have studied leading up to and relevant to this project.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
A senior design project is supposed to demonstrate that you have learned sufficient engineering skills to actually design something. If you really are in a "I have no idea where to start" mode, then perhaps the best place to start would be to withdraw from the program and find something more suited to your skills and abilities.