voltage ,ampere meter

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
Hello
I purchase this meter from ebay came from china.
When meter came there was no instruction.
I attach four picture of this meter.
(1) Does anyone know how to hookup the wires there two sockets one small and one big socket .
The small socket has one red wire and one black wire.
The big socket has three wire one red , one black, one yellow wire.
(2) In two of picture there orange part left of the small socket ,does anyone know what that part is?
mrel

Attachments

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Wild guesses: The smaller red/black pair is for powering the device.

Since it has an ammeter function, the larger block is for the meter leads. (Other wise the small block and thin gauge leads would interfere with the current measurement.)

I'd use red and black for the voltmeter and that leaves the orange for the ammeter. I suppose black is negative for the ammeter as well.

Like I said, just guesses. Better photos might help someone else make a guess.

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
The picture i post (3) and(4) on the circuit board there is orange part on the left side of the wire connector does anyone know what is that part.
Since there was no instruction ,when device came i start play with wire connection sudden there was pop sound and smoke came out the orange part.
So does anyone know what that orange part is?
mrel

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
The picture i post (3) and(4) on the circuit board there is orange part on the left side of the wire connector does anyone know what is that part.
Since there was no instruction ,when device came i start play with wire connection sudden there was pop sound and smoke came out the orange part.
So does anyone know what that orange part is?
mrel
The orange part was a tantalum capacitor and they don't like reverse voltage and, as you have discovered, go pop.

Hello
I purchase this meter from ebay came from china.
When meter came there was no instruction.
I attach four picture of this meter.
(1) Does anyone know how to hookup the wires there two sockets one small and one big socket .
The small socket has one red wire and one black wire.
The big socket has three wire one red , one black, one yellow wire.
(2) In two of picture there orange part left of the small socket ,does anyone know what that part is?
mrel
I have this one few days ago...and my connect is like this

Small wires (red and black) = to power up the device itself (to turn it on) - where red goes to positive and black goes to negative of battery or whatever adapter with voltage within 4.5 volt to 18 volt battery...

The three big wires is to measure voltage and amperage...

1. Yellow connect to positive of the power source of the load
2. Black connect to negative of the source of the load
3. Red connect to negative of the load

Yellow and Black (measure voltage) and Red measure amp

it works for me... for confirmation i tested using multi-meter to verify the validity of measurement

Last edited: