Volt to signal translator

sagi4422

Joined Aug 29, 2009
Hi,

I am an amateur in this field (comes form Materials eng.)
I have a device which changes his voltage in some criteria. I would like this change in voltage to translate to signal .

How can I do that ?

Thanks,
Sagi

steinar96

Joined Apr 18, 2009
sagi4422, in a way the voltage change is probably your signal.
It sounds like however that you are asking about how to scale/translate the voltage signal into something understandable.
A sensor outputing some voltage signal due to heat changes might do so in the millivolt range or even on a microvolt scale. However that doesnt tell us anything about the actual heat quantitiy it's measuring. So that voltage signal needs scaling before it can be displayed as a fairly accurate heat reading anyone can understand.

There are many ways to achieve this but you need to provide further info before we can answer you. If the signal is linearly dependent on the quantity you propably just need proper magnification of the signal. If it's nonlinear then that has to be taken into account. The question is also whether your final output is supposed to be a analog or a digital signal. If you want a digital signal you need a analog to digital converter and so on.

sagi4422

Joined Aug 29, 2009
Hi again and thanks for the fast response.

I will share with you my project that it will be easier to understand.
I have a micro device which know to change his output voltage when he recognize a pulse (force for example). It will be the sensing device.
In the macro, I would like to sample the pulses and make an average of the frequency(lets say over 3 seconds).
This result should pass through wireless (RF/AM/FM...donno) to a receiver.

I need some information about the translating/transmitting/receiver.
It should work on low voltage and on small scaling

Thanks,
Sagi

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

What kind of levels does the "sensor" give?
To what kind of signal do you want to "tranlate" it?

Greetings,
Bertus