volt range for LED's

lotusmoon

Joined Jun 14, 2013
thank you everyone I am near putting it all together now. in the finished model i wanted LED's with several different wave lengths and looking at the data on them they have different voltage drops. In test conditions they seem to go together series, but is there something else I should be taking into account with this?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Series is good, as long as the voltage drops aren't too high. You can always add another leg (series LEDs with a different resistor) if needed.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
thank you everyone I am near putting it all together now. in the finished model i wanted LED's with several different wave lengths and looking at the data on them they have different voltage drops. In test conditions they seem to go together series, but is there something else I should be taking into account with this?
As long as the LEDs provide a suitable amount of light output at the same current, then putting them in series is no problem.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012

Lately, I've been experimenting with WHITE, hi power LEDs, and trying to come up with a good combination of warm, and cool colors, together; for work lights. Some are 20 Watts, and some are 30-50 watts. Mixing and matching Watts as I go along.....;)