voice recording and play back

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I could swear we did one of these in the last month or so, and somebody came up with a much better solution than what I had.

Wait for it. Somebody will remember this in the next 18 hours.

Last edited:

elec_mech

Joined Nov 12, 2008
If you're looking to build one yourself from scratch you can look at some recording IC's here, but your lowest cost is going to be buying something ready-made. Look on eBay for 'recordable greeting card'. If you want to get a little fancier, I've used these successfully and the same vendor offers USB versions that allow you to load audio files from your computer.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I could swear we did one of these in the last month or so, and somebody came up with a much better solution than what I had.

Wait for it. Somebody will remember this in the next 18 hours.
We had this thread about a week ago. Just about everything from greeting cards to chipcorders was mentioned. :)

Ron

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I looked through the history pages clear back to December and missed it. :mad:
Good reason to not be playing on the computer at 2 am.:(

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I only remembered it because I remembered posting in the thread and using the word "chipcorder". So I did a search for chipcorder. :) Generally I can't remember yesterday which is a good thing because everyday is a new day and I meet new people even though I met them yesterday. :)

Ron

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I only remembered it because I remembered posting in the thread and using the word "chipcorder". So I did a search for chipcorder. :) Generally I can't remember yesterday which is a good thing because everyday is a new day and I meet new people even though I met them yesterday. :)

Ron
Wow... if you're married then every day must be like a honeymoon for you then....

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
and...we find another thing we agree on. :)
You and I would look quite the fools if we were sitting in a bar with too many beers in our bellies. :D
Actually I think it would be fun. I have several friends in Florida I am overdue to visit. Every year I take my annual "Ron Trip" when I take 2 or 3 weeks and just go see friends sans Kathleen my wife. I generally start in NC and move from there. No real plan. Something I am still real good at is knocking down beers with friends. :)

Ron