Voice Recognition

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Dave,Has voice recognition software improved enough to invest, do youstill set up It with your voice only,meaning my voice. LOOSEWIRE

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Depends what you are trying to do with the VR software. Are you talking about VR for general use on your PC?

Dave

theamber

Joined Jun 13, 2008
Yes I tried it, it works fine the thing is that you have to train it for two hours before it can type your voice. It makes mistakes but the more you train it the better it becames, but I still think typing is faster. But if you do not like to type them I recomend it.
About the harware voice recognition I have "the clapper" to turn lights and appliances on or off and I do not like it. It gets trigger with other noises. Mine comes with a sensitive knob but still is not good enough. Other times it does ot respond until several commands.
A crude technology I think.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Does the user have to have the same Seattle accent as Bill Gates?:)
You guys in the states all have the same accent to us Brits!

The male "person" who voices it is called Sam!

Yes I tried it, it works fine the thing is that you have to train it for two hours before it can type your voice. It makes mistakes but the more you train it the better it becames, but I still think typing is faster. But if you do not like to type them I recomend it.
About the harware voice recognition I have "the clapper" to turn lights and appliances on or off and I do not like it. It gets trigger with other noises. Mine comes with a sensitive knob but still is not good enough. Other times it does ot respond until several commands.
A crude technology I think.
Which software did you use?

Dave

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Dave
One suspects you've not been to either Mississippi or Arkansas.

Google for "Troops". It's a clip made with all the real props from the set that parodies "Star Wars". The Imperial trooper that does the majority is the commentary has a strong upper Midwestern accent, which adds to the funniness (for us Colonials). Even if that doesn't add to your appreciation, it's pretty funny.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
One suspects you've not been to either Mississippi or Arkansas.
You are right. People from Alabama speak differently I notice. I am close?

I suppose it is no different when you guys hear us brits - we all sound like the Queen and Prince Charles don't we?!

Google for "Troops". It's a clip made with all the real props from the set that parodies "Star Wars". The Imperial trooper that does the majority is the commentary has a strong upper Midwestern accent, which adds to the funniness (for us Colonials). Even if that doesn't add to your appreciation, it's pretty funny.
This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO6rqAJ3mGc

Funny! I love it when he's talking to the Jawa, and there is no way Stormtroppers can shoot that accurately!

Dave

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
SAM (Software Automatic Mouth) was originally written for the Commodore 64, for what it's worth. It's a pretty simple program overall.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I am in Canada and have trouble understanding the many dialects of Brits, especially Cockney.
The Hillbillies in the United States speak their own language (not English) and so do the Southerners (African?).

theamber

Joined Jun 13, 2008
I used one several years ago I forgot the name but I used another last year it came in a Gateway tablet PC. They were pretty much the say.
I am actually from Spain but lived in California for 19 years. Now I live in Baja California.
By the way, do you know Superchrome and Creativeit they are London based companies

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I wonder what the software is that all the non-human telephone agents use? I doubt that they have much vocabulary, but they can understand speech over a low-bandwith POTS line. That is somewhat impressive.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
I suppose it is no different when you guys hear us brits - we all sound like the Queen and Prince Charles don't we?!
Except, of course, for the ones who sound Welsh or Cockney or...
I wonder what the software is that all the non-human telephone agents use? I doubt that they have much vocabulary, but they can understand speech over a low-bandwith POTS line. That is somewhat impressive.
My experience has been less fruitful. Perhaps my careflu annunciation and articulation are more than the software can handle.