Voice operated wheel chair

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by njoyalappatt, Dec 31, 2011.

1. njoyalappatt

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Iam a final year Btech student, Am doing voice operated wheel chair as my project. Here am using VRbot (voice recognition module) for recognizing the commands. Iwould like to know how the programming can be done with PIC16F877A. Also like to know wat form is the output of the VRbot,(so that i can compare during programming
  2. debjit625

Apr 17, 2010

Normally its not good Idea to implement VRbot kind of stuff in a wheel chair but for project it could be done...to access and program the VRbot module from your mcu ,you will be using serial protocol. You will find all necessary protocol details in VRbots documentations available at here : http://www.veear.eu/Products/EasyVR.aspx

Another thought about your wheel chair
    kubeek likes this.
  3. kubeek

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
    Yes, a nice big red kill switch is not a bad idea. Ideally unlatching main contactor or something along that way. But it sill has to be able to brake.
  4. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    Imagine the driver sneezing, coughing or just yawning.
  5. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    I think you are dreaming if you think you are going to implement voice recognition and multiple motor control all in a PIC16F877A.