Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by saranya1209, May 16, 2009.

1. saranya1209

Thread Starter New Member

May 12, 2009
    generally cmos consists of both pmos and nmos.but the output of the cmos is dependent only upon the input given to the pmos.since nmos is grounded whatever may be the input either 1 or 0.output of nmos is always 0.then what is the use of nmos in cmos circuit?

expecting the reply.........
  2. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    The PMOS conducts when the input is 0 and the NMOS conducts when the input is 1.

Post your circuit to be sure.
  3. heavyarms666

May 16, 2009
    what? hehe.. i believe both pmos and nmos share same input, maybe you mis-understood your lecture.. This is whats inside the cmos.. pmos and nmos share the same input, i mean the G of pmos is connected to G of nmos and to the input
    (G,D,S are pins just like b,c,e of bipolar), the D of pmos is connected to power supply, while its S is connected to the D of nmos and the output, and the S of nmos is then connected to the ground.. i hope you visualize what i say..
  4. heavyarms666

May 16, 2009
    The main purpose of nmos is to make the output 0V instead of no connection, 0V and no connection is not the same.. pmos will only make and disconnect the supply.. dont forget that no connection induce noise that can damage or make a false alarm..