vista compatible c/c++ ide

chesart1

Joined Jan 23, 2006
There is a C-Free compiler on the web at www.programarts.com. I would advice you to ask if the C-Free compiler is Windows Vista compatible before downloading. In the beta version, they had a problem with a C-Free memory violation error occurring during a program edit. As of 2/14/2008, this error was not corrected.

I've been using the C-Free beta version for a month now without much difficulty. The error message did not affect my small programs.

C-Free is shareware.

John

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
John, didn't you succeed in running it in compatibility mode under Vista? Or did you find that that produced problems?

Dave

chesart1

Joined Jan 23, 2006
John, didn't you succeed in running it in compatibility mode under Vista? Or did you find that that produced problems?

Dave
I have not tried that because the beta version is running fine for my purposes. Installing the C-Free compiler would cause the beta version to be deleted. However, I contacted the software developers at the site and they assured me that they would email me when the C-Free compiler is debugged and released.

John

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I have not tried that because the beta version is running fine for my purposes. Installing the C-Free compiler would cause the beta version to be deleted. However, I contacted the software developers at the site and they assured me that they would email me when the C-Free compiler is debugged and released.

John
Thanks for the information, John. Be sure to let us know.

Dave