Video Randomization Playback

Simon Bar Sinister

Joined Oct 26, 2009
Hello everyone. I should start by stating that my background is manufacturing engineering not software or hardware engineering & I've recently developed an interest in micro controlled devices. I would like to alter a small 1 or 2 inch digital picture frame so that it played all the photographs in memory with about a 15 millisecond delay to simulate video. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Simon Bar Sinister

Joined Oct 26, 2009
Blueroomelectronics, LOL seriously? If a guy posts a question about an amplifier circuit would you just tell him to go buy a working one? Honestly, where's the fun in that? I guess when I asked if anyone had any thoughts, what I meant was any thoughts aside from the "drooling obvious".

All joking aside, I was hoping for some insight into to things like: Is the hardware typically capable of this. Is it possible to edit the source code and re-flash the chip set to alter the slideshow playback time or would it likely be encrypted & have to be entirely rewritten. To put it bluntly, how would someone with this specific type of knowledge go about making this specific type of alteration?

Thanks again to everyone

Simon Bar Sinister

Joined Oct 26, 2009
So, it can be done. It's simply a matter of the correct skill set and or money. Well money is no problem, so I guess now I just have to find the skill set.

Thanks