video feed from sunglasses video recorder

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by ArchillesElbow, May 6, 2012.

ArchillesElbow

ArchillesElbow Thread Starter New Member

Hi there, does anyone have any ideas as to how to extract the video feed from this board? (see 1st pic - board on the top)

close up in pic 2

I used to extract the video feed from a similar camera and use that for fpv, but the camera is now damaged... (see pic 1 board on the bottom)

thanks!

Attached Files:

crutschow

crutschow AAC Fanatic!

Without knowing more about the board, determining the output is unlikely.
    ArchillesElbow

ArchillesElbow Thread Starter New Member

Is there no way to trace it... I can see where the feed goes to the built in flash memory....
    crutschow

crutschow AAC Fanatic!

It's the stuff between that feed and the output that we can't determine. ;)
    P-MONKE

P-MONKE Member

I think there's a fair chance that there isn't even a "traditional" video signal present on the board.

Think about it this way: The capture device is effectively digital (ccd or similar) and the video storage device is digital. If you converted the digital signal from the ccd to analogue, you'd only have to digitise it again afterwards to process (i.e. compress) it for storage. So why bother with the intermediate steps?

I know I wouldn't!

Someone please correct me if I'm way off the mark here!

Edit - I'm a dummy - I've just looked at the pictures and seen the video cable coming off - I made the mistaken assumption that the video went straight to a storage device like in the micro-usb cameras. Nothing to see here, move along please! ;)
    Last edited: May 9, 2012