Verifying diagram layout

cmjb13

Joined Mar 18, 2015
Hello,

I have an arduino uno

The uno is connected to a stepper motor which is currently working fine. In the attached diagram, I have an mp3 module, push button, external computer speakers, and a 3.5 male to female stereo extension cable. I'm trying to attach everything, but have a few questions.

1. Is it feasible to use one end of a jumper wire to GND on the arduino and to cut the other end of the jumper wire off, strip the wire, and sodder it directly to GND on the mp3 card?

2. MP3 to Arduino 5V connected using M-F jumper wire. Push button 5V to Arduino 5V connected using M-F jumper wire. How do I "tie in" the male ends of 2 jumper wires to use 1 arduino 5V?

Thanks.

Attachments

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
#1- sure
#2-splicing, using a breadboard, finding another 5V source, making a 5V distribution bus,etc...
Easiest for you might be to cut a jumper (leaving the end and a few inches of wire that plugs into the 5V hole on the arduino) and then making a "Y" with wire to feed your 2 devices.
something "like" this.. But split into a Y in the middle of the wire and not at the single end
http://www.cableleader.com/media/ca...d-sub-jumper-wire-y-type-male-to-two-male.jpg

cmjb13

Joined Mar 18, 2015
#1- sure
#2-splicing, using a breadboard, finding another 5V source, making a 5V distribution bus,etc...
Easiest for you might be to cut a jumper (leaving the end and a few inches of wire that plugs into the 5V hole on the arduino) and then making a "Y" with wire to feed your 2 devices.
something "like" this.. But split into a Y in the middle of the wire and not at the single end
http://www.cableleader.com/media/ca...d-sub-jumper-wire-y-type-male-to-two-male.jpg
Like this?

Attachments

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
I'm already using an external 9V power supply to the arduino
Then why are you worrying about splitting the 5V to the MP3 module?
The 5V pin supplies 5V from the internal regulator..
The Vin pin will supply the voltage thats attached to the barrel jack.