Variable Frequency generator

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by motorcycleman, Mar 3, 2013.

1. motorcycleman

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Does anyone know of where I can acquire a frequency generator from 20-50khz at 120-180db output. I have a neighbor who has barking dogs and I would like to stop the dogs from barking. Any ideas?

Thank you.

2. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    Ask your neighbor to keep his dog quiet at night. If he doesn't, report him for disturbing the peace. You have a right to enjoy peace, especially during quite hours. It might be a long process to get authorities to interviene, but there is no other solution for a neighbor who won't control his dog. Tone generators, and such probably won't work.

Maybe you can gift him this book at the bottom of the webpage: http://www.dogtrainingheaven.com/dog-products/anti-bark-collar/

3. motorcycleman

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 3, 2013
    That did not work.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    The method I used was to record the dogs and play the recording for myself. That desensitized me.

On the other hand, this is the best bark collar I have ever seen. If only I could get the dog owner to wear it!

5. Jaguarjoe

Apr 7, 2010
    Pet stores have a whole section for debarkanizing. One in particular is a $20 device that emits ultrasonic waves only when triggered by the dog's bark.

6. vrainom

Sep 8, 2011
    Debarkanizing should become a real word. I love it =)

7. PackratKing

Jul 13, 2008
    Most hypersonic devices, will only antagonize the barking problem. I once put un an " enlarged " version of the sonic mouse-repeller in the attic of my place, which only served to <snip> off all the dogs in the neighborhood...:mad: