Variable 0-5V DC to 0-24V AC

Sattamassagana

Joined May 29, 2011
Hello everyone,

I've been struggling to find a device that will take a variable DC voltage signal from my controller (0-5/10V) and yield a variable output of 0-24V AC in order to control a fan's ventilation rate. Effectively, I want to control the Fan's speed. I am aware that there are power control modules that regulate AC voltage but what I have found until now is regulation of 0-220AC or more. Also, any variacs I have checked until now regulate the AC voltage range I need but they are manually adjusted. I am still looking at online resources and such, however, any recommendations/links would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,
Yiannis

Sattamassagana

Joined May 29, 2011
Hello MrChips, thank you for your suggestion but this cannot be done since the equipment had been purchased before I got on this dissertation project. More specifically, this fan incorporates vortex damping control. I could make a compromise by just using the latter feature and having a steady fan operation, but this only helps to partially control a desired ventilation rate set point. Therefore, I am looking for such a circuit to allow for full control of the unit's operation.
Yiannis