Values of resistors

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by circuitmaster, Sep 27, 2004.

1. circuitmaster

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    [attachmentid=133]

Hi,

Could anyone please have a look at the attached file and roughly suggest a way of solving the Q. 5.

Thanks. :p

2. circuitmaster

Sep 27, 2004
    Hey folks c'mon! Why isn't anyone replying???

I know I am new in here, so what?

:huh:

3. Hugo TC

Sep 29, 2004
    To start, you know the voltage across R2 and the current through R2, so you can solve for R2 and R4.

4. Liquid_Klone

Sep 29, 2004
    This looks like something I am doing in survey of electronics. But I am struggling, because it is reminding me of digital electronics and it's only confusing me. Mainly because there is only 30 minutes between the classes. So I wish I could help, but I can't.

5. circuitmaster

Sep 27, 2004
    Could someone please try Q.3 in the file and give me an idea about calculation.

Please hurry up this HW is going to expire soon!

:eek:

6. circuitmaster

Sep 27, 2004

7. haditya

Jan 19, 2004
    hi
    i know this post must be a lil too late to be of any use to u...circuitmaster
    but i had this problem runnin in my head for quite some time now and when i finally sat down to crack it it seemed too easy to be true(ie of course if my answers are right)
    the answers are R1= 667 ohms
    R2= 2.5kohms
    R3=8.33kohms
    R4=5kohms
    R5=2.0833kohms

the solution turned out ot be a fairly easy nodal analysis problem --- the only tricky part being that one had to equate current entering the battery to the current leaving it.

well circuitmaster....rather than rely soo heavily on the forum for ur homework i d recommed u read ur textbook throughly well and understand every word every definition in it.