UV Amplifier

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by wxf, Jan 13, 2014.

1. wxf

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 13, 2014

I'm building a motor stage for university project. It took me a while to realize that what I needed is a what's called UV amplifier.

I Googled on this but were only able to find some very limited info:
    http://www.electromate.com/db_suppo...oidal vs. Sinusoidal Brushless Amplifiers.pdf

Basically I have a motion control card with a pair of A/B phase output. It is already with commutation but I will need to lead them towards the amplifier to output 3 phase current to drive a BLDC motor.

I'd like to build it myself, but it looks like even if I want to buy there isn't much available on the market. It could be that I have not looked hard enough, but the one listed above is a PWM output stage. I'm looking for a linear stage.

So in summary, I'd like someone to get me started on this project. The requirement is 1) an amplifier that takes a pair of phase input with commutation; 2) output to drive a 3-phase BLDC motor; 3) the amplifier has to be analog, not PWM.

Thanks in advance,

2. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    The thread title is very misleading. What has ultra-violet got to do with motor control?
    Can you post a link to the control card you have?
  3. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    I am confused !! :confused:
  4. crutschow

Mar 14, 2008
    According to the white paper, amplifiers accepting two sinusoidal reference signals are called "non-commutating" or U-V servo amps. Apparently U-V refers to the two out-of-phase signals.

Here's the website for the driver amp manufacturer you posted. Perhaps one of their amps will work for you.
  5. wxf

Jan 13, 2014
    Yes, it could be misleading and UV is probably more commonly understood as ultra violet. I realized that when I was googling with UV amplifier. But hope this is clearer once the white paper was read.

This also sort of explained why this subject is less discussed. :)

Thank you!
  6. wxf

Jan 13, 2014
    I've started a new post. Thanks everyone for replying.