Using raspberry pi without keyboard, mouse and display

Sajo Joseph

Joined Nov 17, 2014
Is it possible to use raspberry pi single board computer without keyboard, mouse and display ?
Can we use our laptop display or desktop monitor as raspberry pi 's display ?

sevenfold4

Joined Jan 12, 2015
You can connect to it through ethernet cable with your laptop using a program like Putty.
You have to set up a static IP on the raspberry first tho, so you know which IP you connect to. At least that is what i did.

There may be another way that i am not aware of.

Yes, you can access and manage your Raspberry Pi using SSH. SSH stands for Secure Shell. Just connect your Raspberry Pi to a network using Ethernet or WiFi etc... Then you can access it anywhere from the network using SSH. If you are using Linux OS in you PC, you can use its terminal for that.. If you are using Windows, you can use a freeware called putty.
Don't forget to find the IP address of your Raspberry Pi before proceeding through terminal or putty.
I hope that the following link will help you.

Accessing Raspberry Pi through SSH

If you want to use your PC or Laptop display to see raspberry pi desktop, you can use VNC for that.. VNC means Virtual Network Computing..
It is similar to above method.. buy you need to install VNC server like TightVNC on your Raspberry Pi. You may do it through SSH (which is preinstalled) above method. After installing VNC server, you need to start a desktop session. Just search on google you can find a lot of tutorials for that.
Then you need to also install a VNC client in your linux or windows PC. Just try the following link.

Using Raspberry Pi through VNC

You can use Pi's uart.....i doubt that any of the linux distros have uart disabled for debug messages. You can use FTDI cable to connect your Pi with your PC.