using PWM as current control

sparkskard

Joined Nov 18, 2014
I need to control current ,, adjusting the maximum load can use .. thinking use standard PWM circuit but use current feedback instead voltage feedback .. would this work ?? I guess i would have have need some voltage
feedback alone with the current feedback to make sure voltage would not get too high or too low. any one input this mater ??

thanks

sparkskard..

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The Completed Projects Forum is for Completed Projects only. It is meant to allow members to show plans for projects they built so other members can duplicate them if desired. Your thread does not belong in this forum, and was moved here.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I need to control current ,, adjusting the maximum load can use .. thinking use standard PWM circuit but use current feedback instead voltage feedback .. would this work ?? I guess i would have have need some voltage
feedback alone with the current feedback to make sure voltage would not get too high or too low. any one input this mater ??
From your description I have no lcear idea of what you are attempting to do.

For the moment, forget how you are doing this, just describe what you need to do.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Current control (constant current) switchers are commonly used to efficiently drive LEDs.
You can add overvoltage protection if you want, but it's normally not needed in a constant current circuit.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
A typical example of how can be done is via a fractional ohm resistor between source and common if using a Mosfet.
IR also has a line of multi-pin (5 pin) mosfets called HexSense versions, that have a built in monitor of the drain current.
Max.