Using chlorophyll

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Yep, that moment of ah,ha versus 2 years of work makes Edison's estimate that invention is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration look wildly optimistic, and I would agree.

John

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Thanks. That is an interesting article. My other major area of interest is microbiology. The work is very early in development, but Mayfield's points are well taken. Finding a microorganism that can do something is not all that difficult. Getting it right, as with PCR, takes ingenuity and lots of work.

John
This ought to be interesting reading for anyone who likes microbiology.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Did you know that they put "antibiotics" in jet fuel to prevent microbial growth than can plug the fuel injectors? I think I mentioned earlier that finding a microbe to do something is not hard. Making it a commercial success is harder.

They are amazing life forms. I don't think they will ever be extinguished.

John

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Did you know that they put "antibiotics" in jet fuel to prevent microbial growth than can plug the fuel injectors? I think I mentioned earlier that finding a microbe to do something is not hard. Making it a commercial success is harder.

They are amazing life forms. I don't think they will ever be extinguished.

John
I think that humankind will go extinct in this planet long before those extremophyles reach that point.