using a 12V 66amph battery instead of a 12V 15amph battery

RVnnan

Joined May 1, 2014
hello Every body! :)
i have an appliance at home which uses a 12V 1.5amp Max. 15amh battery.
i just wanted to ask whether i can use a 12V 66amh car battery instead. please help!!...
it is a little bit ergent.
i wanted to use that 12V 66amh car battery in my amplifier when we go outdoors camping. it seems that it would last much more longer, yes?? :)
pleaase help

RVnnan

Joined May 1, 2014
Yes, you can.................................................................................
thank you very much, dude, i don't want it to woom, i just want its battery to last a little bit more! :) its original battery last no more than 5 hours, i think if i use a car battery it would last much more?? :)

samuel.whiskers

Joined Mar 17, 2014
4 times as long, give or take.... do note that car batteries are designed for high-current engine starting, rather than low current high drain amplifier running.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Keep in mind that an automotive battery is not designed for deep-cycle use, which is what you want to do with it. They are designed to output hundreds of Amperes for short periods of time, and then to be immediately recharged by the vehicle's alternator.

Deep-cycle batteries is what you want, as crutschow mentions.

Johann

Joined Nov 27, 2006
Keep in mind that an automotive battery is not designed for deep-cycle use, which is what you want to do with it. They are designed to output hundreds of Amperes for short periods of time, and then to be immediately recharged by the vehicle's alternator.

Deep-cycle batteries is what you want, as crutschow mentions.
Yes, and get yourself a good charger too! You don't want to spend money on a battery without the facility to charge it soon after use.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Of course, if you have a junk yard behind your house, you can get away with a used car battery. It just won't be the best possible thing for this job.