Using 2mm pin headers on a pcb

zcream

Joined Feb 21, 2009
I am attempting to reuse the LCD power supply of a dell monitor that I found junked on the street.
The power supply uses a 12-pin cable that has a separation of 2mm.
The standard PCB has a separation of 2.54mm. I know that 1.27mm pin headers have adapters available for 2.54mm spacing (alternate pins are bent).

However, I am stumped as to how a set of headers with 2mm spacing can be put on a PCB. As far as I know, PCBs only come in 2.54mm and 3.96mm spacing.

Perhaps someone may know of a 2mm to 3.96mm pin header (with alternate pins bent) ??

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
I am attempting to reuse the LCD power supply of a dell monitor that I found junked on the street.
The power supply uses a 12-pin cable that has a separation of 2mm.
The standard PCB has a separation of 2.54mm. I know that 1.27mm pin headers have adapters available for 2.54mm spacing (alternate pins are bent).

However, I am stumped as to how a set of headers with 2mm spacing can be put on a PCB. As far as I know, PCBs only come in 2.54mm and 3.96mm spacing.

Perhaps someone may know of a 2mm to 3.96mm pin header (with alternate pins bent) ??
PCBs can come in all sorts of pin spacings, even metric ones. It rather surprises me that the 0.1 and 0.05 inch standards have stayed with us so long.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I would think that there would be a PCB connector available for that cable end.

The PCB side of the connector will likely be properly spaced..SO if you were building a PCB.

Just like a standard DIN9 to PCB connector.

Thats where I would start.

If that doesn't pan out, I would look for a breakout-box or board for that style connector.