Uses for Inductive Power Supply

rizla

Joined Apr 15, 2006
Can anyone think of other useful applications for inductive technology? Whilst it may be neat to charge your phone off a pad, I'm sure there are much better applications for inductive power transfer whereby it can be used to solve a real problem. Interested in hearing your thoughts...

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Originally posted by rizla@Apr 15 2006, 07:14 AM
Can anyone think of other useful applications for inductive technology? Whilst it may be neat to charge your phone off a pad, I'm sure there are much better applications for inductive power transfer whereby it can be used to solve a real problem. Interested in hearing your thoughts...
[post=16199]Quoted post[/post]​
At the moment, the amount of energy that can be radiated is somewhat limited without building something that is bulky and heavy.

Energy transfer via inductive coupling seems well suited to the "splashpower" technology that is beginning to see greater commercial application.

I guess you have to start somewhere and see where it leads.

I believe Nikola Tesla envisioned entire cities wirelessly powered using inductive energy. No telling what the adverse health implications might be if we all lived in a world filled with intense magnetic fields 24/7.

hgmjr