Uses an nor gate ic to make it useful for everyday life

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by dyollmai, Aug 27, 2015.

1. dyollmai

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 27, 2015
    my professor told us to make a project that uses an IC NOR Gate. My plan is to make it useful for everyday life. except the common things like charger...or lighting a led. thanks.

2. absf

Dec 29, 2010
    What about a half adder or an oscillator using NOR gates?

I don't see any question in your post....

Allen

3. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    An IC NOR gate is a basic building block of digital circuits. Just as a bolt is a basic building block of mechanical systems. So your statement is very much akin to someone saying that their prof told them to make a project that uses a bolt and that they plan to make it useful for everyday life. How would you respond to such a post?

4. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    In the Homework Help forum you are expected to show your work/thoughts/progress so far so that we can offer guidance (but not do your homework for you).

5. dyollmai

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 27, 2015
    sorry for my post guys.. i do have an idea on how does the NOR gate works but i was just tryin to gather some ideas on how would i able to assemble a useful project. i am planning to make a 4 pieces of turbine (my 1st idea) then once the 4 engines shuts down then as the NOR Gate response from the OFF turbines, the warning LED or something that i am working on it...is going to light. something like that guys.

6. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    Ask yourself:
    Should each engine provide a logic high or logic low output when it is running?
    Should the gate output be high or low to light the LED?