User Guides

Overclocked2300

Joined Apr 24, 2005
There should be a section either on the forum or on the electronics chapters where users can submit their circuits OR methods of doing things. You know like a guide type thing

example-Theres many ways to Measure inductance, but some one else here might have found a better way.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Although I have no direct impact on the content of the AAC on-line book, I think this idea is worth considering.

Firstly, I think its important that when someone recommends something that they detail all proposals (including personal experiences, any experiments they have carried out, any mathematics they may have worked to), and all necessary references (i.e. the relevant chapters in the AAC on-line book).

Secondly, I think its important that such proposals are presented to the forum for discussion so that they can be analysed and verified.

I know sometime ago, there was a proposal put forward by the AAC admin, which suggested making the book semi-wiki, I will try and dig out the relevant post and post it here for reference.

I would be interested in hearing other peoples thoughts on this topic, and should it generate sufficient interest I will alert the AAC admin to the topic and see what they think.

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by Dave@Oct 8 2005, 11:20 AM
I know sometime ago, there was a proposal put forward by the AAC admin, which suggested making the book semi-wiki, I will try and dig out the relevant post and post it here for reference.
[post=10870]Quoted post[/post]​
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/index.php?showtopic=1565

This topic includes posts from both Tony Kuphaldt and Dcrunkilton, who are involved in the actual content of the AAC on-line book.

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
Originally posted by Overclocked2300@Oct 6 2005, 05:52 PM
There should be a section either on the forum or on the electronics chapters where users can submit their circuits OR methods of doing things. You know like a guide type thing

example-Theres many ways to Measure inductance, but some one else here might have found a better way.
[post=10836]Quoted post[/post]​
Volume 6 has lab experiments; and we could use many more. Take a look at some of the experiments in this volume. This seems most closely related to your example. Writing a new lab experiment on inductance measurement, for example, is also one of the easiest ways of contributing to this project- reasonably short as compared to writing a whole chapter. You may also notice missing sections in some chapters of some volumes, or even whole missing chapters. This is another area where we could use help. Example: I am working on a Motors chapter for volume 2.

Take a look at Contributing to this project at www.ibiblio.org/kuphaldt/electricCircuits where Tony Kuphaldt describes making contributions in more detail. If you cannot get things into Tony's format, we can convert your text and schematic diagrams to our format. If you are writing a lab experiment, as opposed to a whole chapter, it is probably not worth learning the Linux based tools which Tony describes.

Next step: get in touch with us via an email or personal message via this forum to arrange for sending us your contribution. This is how I got started a year ago in writing a Karnaugh Map chapter for volume 4