Useful websites for electronics (Ver. 2)

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Converts graphics file (in English) to the text file (in English), docx, xlsx, txt three files.

This is a free online software, there are more convenient if you have write the program frequently, when you have a program on the book, but don't have the txt file then you can take a photo and converts the file to the text file.

You have docx, xlsx, txt file format to choose from, a total of 46 countries for conversion options, the maximum file size is 5MB, the best content of file is black and white or single color is better, otherwise it may cause an error when recognize or unrecognized.

Convert scanned pdf or jpg, gif, bmp, etc to word or .txt.

I did a simple test as follows:

1. The original photo uploaded and conversion as below:

uC8051-01.jpg

And I got the code as:
#i nc ude <std I i b. h> void Main( void )
void *mbuf ; bit FgNULL;
mbuf = ma( I oc(1000);
i f (mbuf —NULL) FgNULL=0; else
f ree(mbuf ); FgNULL=1;

2. Cut the original photo with paint and other image software to adjust the black color getting deeper, and make the background more white, then converted to a monochrome bmp, after that you can converts bmp to gif file to make the file smaller, and then uploaded to the website to do the conversion.

uC8051-02-singleC.gif

And I got the code as:
Code:
#include <stdlib.h>
void Main( void )
void *mbuf;
bit FgNULL;
mbuf = malloc(1000);
if (mbuf==NULL) FgNULL=0; else 1
free(mbuf); FgNULL=1;
3. After the format modification, I found out above all the texts conversion are complete correct, but the format of program was wrong, and two symbols "{", "}" were also wrong, the correct program as below:

Code:
#include <stdlib.h>
void Main( void )
{
   void *mbuf;
   bit FgNULL;
   mbuf = malloc(1000);

if (mbuf==NULL)
       FgNULL=0;
   else
   {
     free(mbuf);
     FgNULL=1;
   }
}

vivid

Joined Sep 21, 2016
Hi,
Here is a website/tool that helps you to learn and build Electronics quickly.

EasyEDA is a unique cloud-based EDA tool, designed to give electrical/electronic engineers, educators, engineering students and electronics hobbyists an easier EDA Experience.

It is an easy to use tool to help you start building a circuit, simulating and designing PCB. Your projects could be stored in the cloud (for free) and can access them from anywhere in the world. The most startling thing for beginners is that EasyEDA platform is an open source initiative for designers and hobbyists and it offers many open source designs for free. You can simply open any free design and edit it.

Moreover, with EasyEDA platform, you can easily share your projects with other experienced PCB designers all over the world, then get their suggestions and comments on how to improve your design.

jaredwolff

Joined Jul 1, 2017
www.snapeda.com - It is great for sourcing (free) footprints. It's a recent discovery for me but infinitely useful. I would warn that even some of the footprints created by the website are not designed with manufacturing in mind. I've seen some LGA parts that have the same size pads in the footprint as IC (baaaaaad for manufacturing and reliability!)

recklessrog

Joined May 23, 2013
I found this website that has a lot of free service manuals, you don't have to register and you can upload manuals to the site.
I was looking for the service manual for a Thandar TG105 pulse generator. I contacted the manufacturer and they very kindly e.mailed me a PDF of the service manual.
As I had seen a lot of others were searching the web for it, I uploaded it to the site. they are........lost-manuals.com

https://www.lost-manuals.com/start.php