Use cell to interface with wireless video camera

Etronic

Joined Oct 7, 2011
School Project. I'm 13 years old. And a Novice in electronics.

Can you all Please Help me.

Looking to use a cheap cell phone to interface with a wireless video camera.Stores the video on 2-4Gigbyte sd card of cell phone(1).Use cell phone(2) to call cell phone (1).To retrieve the video. Is there a way to hack into the cell phones GSM/GPRS module to send the video data by SMS messaging and then have the second cell phone retrieve the video data.Then Watch it on second cell phone with windows media player or use some kind of software.To watch what i recorded. Also want to carry my cell phone with me at all times.Thats cell phone (2).There must be a way to do this with out any controllers. Other then whats in the the first cell phone.and sim cards.

We cannot use any microcontrollers.No coding.End results is to incorperate
this in a real time situation

I have the wireless video camera,transmit and receiver.Also 2 cell phones i got online for 20bucks.

I'm using this for security for my bedroom.Can someone guide me on my project.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Etronic

Joined Oct 7, 2011
Looking for engineer or some one who done some project like,what i'm trying to do.

com'on there's got to be a few people who can Help!

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The closest you might get without serious engineering would be to use 2 iPhones, and have #1 set (how?) to auto-accept a Facetime session. This would give you live, not stored, video.

If you could put a PC of some sort with your camera, instead of a phone, it would be almost trivial to access the PC with a sufficiently smart phone, and view a stored video.

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
Not wanting to cast aspersions, but if someone says this is to maintain surveillance of their bedroom, I wonder if what they really want is to survey someone else's bedroom.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Years ago I knew a guy in Finland that had a cellphone-enabled dog. He would let it roam the woods with a phone on its collar. He could call the phone at any time and it wold auto-answer. He could - I guess - make a judgement about where the dog was and if it was chasing prey, based on what he heard.

He once overheard his "friends" talking in front of the dog about what an eccentric he was (Timo, not the dog). So yes, you have to be prepared to hear or see things you might not want to.

Etronic

Joined Oct 7, 2011
Not wanting to cast aspersions, but if someone says this is to maintain surveillance of their bedroom, I wonder if what they really want is to survey someone else's bedroom.

I don't know where your aspersions are coming from!So to speak? But from my.Its never going to Happen. :eek:

Etronic

Joined Oct 7, 2011
The closest you might get without serious engineering would be to use 2 iPhones, and have #1 set (how?) to auto-accept a Facetime session. This would give you live, not stored, video.

If you could put a PC of some sort with your camera, instead of a phone, it would be almost trivial to access the PC with a sufficiently smart phone, and view a stored video.
I need to use the 2 cell phone i got. Plus the wireless video camera.
Why would i need a smart phone.Any cell phone can send sms messages.
with data sevice.What kind of PC to use.
There must be an easier way to do this.

Dose anyone else. Knows!
how i can to this.With what i have. Please i need Help!:confused:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Why would i need a smart phone.Any cell phone can send sms messages.
So? There's a huge gap between sending a text message typed by a human and sending video data "automatically". A smart phone - and some programming to control the smart phone - might help close that gap but it would STILL be hard.
What kind of PC to use.
I think just about any PC from the last decade would be able to host a webcam onto the internet, and could accomplish the automated recording and uploading.
There must be an easier way to do this.
Why? That's like lamenting that there must be an easier way to harness fusion. Some things are hard, and if no one has paved the way, it's really tough to cut your own path.
how i can to this.With what i have. Please i need Help!:confused:
The short answer is that it's very possible that you CAN'T. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will suggest a brilliant solution, but you can't count on that.

I suggest breaking your project into smaller individual tasks which you need to make your idea work, and then working on those tasks in parallel. Some will stall, some will make progress. If you're lucky maybe you'll identify just one critical hurdle that folks can help you with.

From my personal perspective, you have several insurmountable hurdles. How are you going to get a cellphone to remotely record video for later access? How are you going to initiate a connection and then transmit that data? These things can be done but probably not with only what you have.

Etronic

Joined Oct 7, 2011
wayneh

I think you misunderstood me. I did not include recorder. I'm not using the cell phone to record the live video.I want to use small video logger recorder.Then every 1.2megabytes,I want to send the video from phone (1) to phone (2) or email to my computer.

First record video
Then send it from first phone gsm module.
To second phone then upload to email to my
computer.
There got to be a way to do this.

Any help!

Etronic

Joined Oct 7, 2011
dprice

Not yet. But? The cell phone is there to only send the data not record.I haven't found a way to do that yet! I found a youtube video that you can
send video to your cell phone.I'm still working on this.

Any info that you can contribute is appreciated.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
What you want to do is NOT possible.

If you want a camera in your room that you can view remotely what you do is buy an IP camera and get a static DNS or use a service like no-ip.com then you can view this camera in real time or watch the videos that it can post to your server.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
What you want to do is NOT possible.
+1
The sending part is not going to happen without more hardware.

On the receiving end, getting a cellphone to display a movie is the easy part, assuming your cellphone is capable of receiving and displaying video files. If you hope to convert video data to SMS on the transmit side and then back to video at the receiver end, and then display that video on a dumb phone, all without coding, no way.

Etronic

Joined Oct 7, 2011
wayneh

I need to use the wireless camera and receiver that i got.
The RCA output is compositive video_On the receiving end.

After the receiver picks up the wireless data.I need to record it
on my computer to watch the video.Then send it to a website
for videos.Then send video by email to my cell phone.
Using only the one cellphone.To watch the video.
Can i do that.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
To get better help here, you should draw a block diagram of your plan, with as much detail as possible about the already-existing hardware, and the "software" - the data conversions you're describing. Don't assume people here know what you're talking about - we're not mind readers. Be as clear as possible (full sentences help). Just the act of drawing this out may help you think about your project and get organized.

You've heard a couple times that, so far, your project appears impossible. Feel free to challenge that opinion, but you'll need to fill in the blanks - for instance how you're going to get video data into and transmitted by your cellphone - before anyone here will be convinced.