USB to Serial Cable CH340 not Supporting in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by omcinside, Aug 13, 2013.

Universal "USB to Serial Converter" for Windows 7/8 and Linux ?

1. PL2302

50.0%
  2. FDTI

50.0%
  3. CH340

25.0%
  4. none

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. omcinside

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Hello all,

Recently I purchase USB to Serial cable (CH340) . I did not found drivers for Windows 7. I want to communicate my target board through Serial cable. Please help me in getting drivers for Windows 7 / 64-bit

Thanks in advance.

2. JohnInTX

Jun 26, 2012
    For many of these, Win-7 will recognize it automatically and load drivers with no further to-do. Some off-brand stuff may come with its own driver CD to load. You should know that there is a lot of junk/knock-off/counterfeit USB-serial stuff out there that doesn't work very well. Even if you get a driver to work, they frequently have comms problems.

Personally, I'd return it and get something better. Air-link, IOgear, SIIG makes good stuff. Other brands may be OK as well if they use the FTDI / prolific chipsets but its hard to know.. There are some long threads here discussing the problem.

After messing around with a few bummers, I finally went with a PCI-E 4X serial board from SIIG. Works perfectly all the time with Win7-64 Pro.

3. Markd77

Sep 7, 2009
    spark8217 and omcinside like this.
  4. omcinside

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 13, 2013
    @Markd77 : Thanks a lot , W7 is detecting now.